Senior Accounting Clerk
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
We are searching for a reliable and talented Senior Accounting Clerk. The ideal candidate will support the accounting team with various tasks, including accounts payable, receivables, invoicing, payroll, and general accounting duties. Ultimately, you will help our accounting team run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Duties and responsibilities
Supporting the sales cycle by finding opportunities, helping execute on leads, implementing advertising campaigns, and supporting employees in the NYC office.
- Supports Controller with month-end close activities
- Daily entry and reconciliation of banking activity into accounting software
- Prepare and send Customer invoices/statements
- Deposit customer checks
- Apply customer payments
- Process billing adjustments and refunds
- Data entry and coding of Accounts Payable into Bill.com
- Monitor the AR/AP email inbox
- Daily reconciliation of all merchant credit card accounts
- Assist with preparation of semi-monthly Payroll
- Manage Corporate credit card transactions
- Any other duties as assigned by Manager
- High School Diploma or the equivalent; Associate’s Degree is a plus
- 5+ years accounts receivable/payable and general accounting experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience with Sage Intacct Accounting software or similar is a plus
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality rules for the handling of sensitive financial information
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Senior Accounting Clerk - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.