Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for an Executive Assistant to support three senior members of our Engineering Team. You will work closely with the CTO, VP of Engineering, and Senior Director of IT Operations. You will partner with the other administrative team on a variety of office projects. To perform the role effectively, you will be trusted to work with the highest level of confidentiality and be expected to become familiar with our products, people, and organizational dynamics. Embracing the FlightAware vision and company culture will be vital to success. We are looking for people who are curious, innovative, and work to be a little better each day. We aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
The executive assistant works alongside and provides high-level administrative support to executives on our engineering team.
- Provide administrative and project management support to executives for business-critical initiatives.
- Proactively manage calendars, including; booking conference rooms, coordinating schedules, sorting conflicts, and keeping executives up to date on any changes.
- Make travel arrangements for the team, including: researching airfare, hotels, and ground transportation; booking travel; and creating itineraries. Enforce travel company policy.
- Coordinate educational programs, team building activities, and manage conference logistics.
- Write, interpret, and communicate policies pertaining to the engineering team.
- Update team organizational charts and wiki pages.
- Complete and submit expense reports.
- Maintain and expand the library supporting engineering team.
- Answer and screen phone calls appropriately. Greet visitors upon arrival.
- Five years of recent, full-time administrative support reporting to 1 or more executives.
- Five years experience managing calendars, expenses, and travel for c-level executives or similar.
- Proficient calendar management and scheduling skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication practices.
- Trustworthy. Must have the utmost discretion with access to sensitive company and personal information.
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and demonstrate superior attention to details. No dropped balls!
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and drive complex tasks to completion. Able to carry out assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and results driven. Able to actively find creative solutions to problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and MacOS. Experience with project management software (Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.) a plus.
- Have a knack for technology, able to figure out new systems and adapt rapidly.
- Adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing software company.
- Able to work flexibly in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Executive Assistant - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.